What is Parkinson’s Disease? Parkinson’s disease is related to the nerves in the brain. This disease happens when there is a problem with the nerve cells which are connected to the brain. These cells are responsible for the free movement of the body parts with help of the chemical called Dopamine. In Parkinson’s disease, these nerve cells break down and the generation of Dopamine will also stop which leads to trouble in the hands and legs movement.
Causes of Parkinson’s Disease:
Scientists are doing a lot of research to find the exact sources of this disease. Generally, the main causes of this disease include aging and pollution in the environment. Sometimes abnormal genes may also lead to Parkinson’s disease.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease:
As every disease has some or the other symptoms, Parkinson’s disease also have four main symptoms which include:
- Tremor is the main symptom which is shaking of legs, hands or arms
- Loss of movement in muscles or stiff muscles or rigidity of muscles
- Slow movement of body parts or also called as Bradykinesia
- Unable to walk or balance properly or postural instability
If you find any of the above symptoms, then you may be a victim of Parkinson’s disease. Tremor or shaking may not lead to the Parkinson’s disease. But if you are awake and unable to move your leg then you must be careful as it is the confirmed symptom for Parkinson’s disease.
Other symptoms of Parkinson’s disease include depression, fatigue, urinary problems, digestive issues, sleeping trouble, skin problems, voice changes and sexual dysfunction.
Parkinson’s Disease Treatment:
There are different modes of Parkinson’s disease treatment available but these can be decided based on your age, work status, family and living situations. These treatments include:
- Medicines like levodopa and dopamine agonists are common for this diseases treatment.
- Home treatment which includes the exercise and healthy diet.
- When the medicine fails to control effects of Parkinson’s, it is highly suggestible to go for a surgery like deep brain stimulation (DBS).
- Speech therapy to set your voice and bring back your original voice.
- Physical Therapy to improve your walking or postural stability.
- Mental treatments for those who are suffering from memory problems.
Parkinson’s Natural Treatments:
The natural treatments for Parkinson’s disease include:
- Best foods like nutrient rich foods like plenty of organic fruits, vegetables, high quality meats, Omega 3 foods and even green tea which elevate the Dopamine levels in the body.
- Avoiding the foods like preservatives, processed foods, artificial sweeteners, alcohol and potential food allergens
- Taking supplements and essential oils like Coenzyme Q10, Vitamin C, and e-supplements, green vegetable powder supplements, Omega 3 fish oil, vitamin D for resistance and various other essential oils that reduce the symptoms associated with Parkinson’ disease like depression, digestive issues, and skin problems.
- Exercises and other movements which include:
- Look straight ahead while walking
- Stretch exercises for arms and legs
- Practice mind-body exercises like Tai Chi
- Water Aerobics like swimming and water-based exercises
- Acupuncture has been popular for the past many years and these can relieve Parkinson’s symptoms by generating the signals that affect some of the areas of the brain.
Exercises for Parkinson’s Disease:
Many researchers have shown and proved that regular exercise benefits the people suffering from Parkinson’s disease. These exercises include:
- Walking in a park or any mall.
- Sports and aerobics.
- Mind-Body exercises like Tai-Chi which is a slow And rhythmic movement which mainly focuses on providing the balance and reduce the risk of falling by the Parkinson’s patients,
- Muscle exercises to reduce the stiffness of muscles and make them free.
Parkinson Home Remedies:
- Modify and adjust your home furniture so that you can hold on to something while moving around the house.
- Eat healthy foods like fresh fruits, vegetables, grains, cereals, poultry, fish, lean meats and low-fat dairy products.
- Exercises and physical therapy for curing the disease at advanced and initial stages.
- Put a little weight on your hand to deal with tremor or shaking.
- Improve speech by working with speech therapists.
- Ask a friend or family member to deal with the mental problems.
These are some of the best home remedies that can show the best results for the Parkinson’s disease. There are many medications to cure Parkinson’s disease but they may have some side effects so, it is suggestible to take the natural treatment by eating the recommended foods and avoiding the dangerous food.
Cure for Parkinson’s Disease
For a better cure for this disease in its initial stage, it is better to have the medicine with food to avoid nausea. If the disease has increased more, then it is suggestible to take medicines 1 hour or 2 hours before the meals.
Finally, it is clear that symptoms like trembling, loss of balance, slowed movements, poor postures and lack of motor control leads to Parkinson’s disease. There are many conventional and natural treatments like natural diet, supplements, exercises, essential oils and mind-body practices to manage stress.
There are many scientists and researchers who devoted for the Parkinson’s disease. Out of those Haiyan Zhang, Microsoft Research Cambridge’s Innovation Director has invented a wearable device with the help of BBC project for Parkinson’s disease cure. Zhang has also developed cutlery for disabled people which is the foundation for creating a wrist worn device called the Emma. This device provides the stability of the hands and helps in facilitating drawing and sketching by counteracting the impulses to the wearer’s arms.
She developed this for her colleague Lawton who has been suffering from the disease from the past 3 years. This device has helped Lawton to draw straight lines and even write legibly. There is no commercial release of this device but many scientists, developers can take this as the basis to improve the device which helps to reduce the Parkinson’s disease symptoms.
These are the some of the treatments and medicines that help in Parkinson disease treatment and Parkinson disease cure. So it is highly suggestible to follow these and get fast relief from the Parkinson’s disease.