Diabetes is a disorder and it is characterized by the excess amount of blood sugar or blood glucose. This is due to lack of insulin hormone in the body or it is due to the insulin that present in the body was not absorbed by the body. In existence there are basically two types of diabetes they are ‘Type 1 diabetes’ which also called insulin dependent diabetes. This should generally affect teenagers and children. The other is ‘Type 2 diabetes’ which also called as non-insulin dependent diabetes and this affects adults. If it leaves untreated then there is a possibility of damaging glucose levels, also blood vessels and this leads to poising health problems. Diabetes has become a very common health problem.
Common Causes of Diabetes:
- High blood pressure
- Insulin deficiency
- High cholesterol
- Insulin resistance
- Due to pancreatitis
- Having family history of diabetes
- Eating an unbalanced diet
- Consuming of two much sugar, fats, carbohydrates and proteins
- Emotional stress
- Certain virus infections like Coxsackie B virus
- Due to age.
The common diabetes symptoms are weight loss (even you are eating excess), fatigue, increased urination, cuts and bruises become slow to heal, blurred vision and excessive thrust. There are a number of natural remedies for diabetes that helps you to control your blood sugar levels. Diabetes is not only a disease, it’s also a fast-growing and adoptable by many of people. Also, there are having numerous treatment options available to keep your sugar levels in control, these home remedies can achieving the same task.
Natural Remedies For Diabetes:
1. Bitter Gaurd:
The bitter guard can help for controlling diabetes because of its blood glucose controlling effect. This bitter guard is also known as bitter melon and this tends to increase the metabolism level all over the body instead than an organ or tissue. Its helps increase secretion of pancreatic insulin. Hence bitter guard is beneficial for both type 2 and type 1 diabetes. However, it can be a great diabetic diet for people suffering from diabetes.
- Drink some bitter guard juice on early hours of the morning with empty stomach. For this juice, firstly take two to three bitter guards and remove the seeds of them, use a juicer to convert those into juice form. Add a small portion of water and have it. Repeat this treatment in the morning at least for two months.
Okra consists of polyphenolic molecules that help to reduce blood glucose levels and control diabetes. The study of Pharmacy and Bioallied sciences found that okra peel powder and seeds have anti-diabetic and anti-hyperlipidemic potentials. This okra having another name which is commonly used for cooking purpose called ladies finger.
- Cut the ends of okra (ladies finger) and prick it by using a fork at several places. Soak the okras in a medium sized bowl filling with water and leave it for the whole night. Discard the okras in the morning and have it with water on empty stomach. Adopt this process for several weeks
- It’s best to include the okras in your regular food diet.
Fenugreek, a herb that can be used to control diabetes, also improves glucose and blood sugar lowering. It’s due to hypoglycaemic activity. This stimulates the glucose-dependent insulin. Being rich in fiber, it slowdowns the absorption of consumption of sugar and carbohydrates.
- Soak 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water complete night. Have the seeds in the morning along with a glass of water on empty stomach. Continue this remedy without fail for few months till glucose levels cut down.
- Another option is to eat 2 tablespoons powdered of fenugreek seeds daily with milk.
Cinnamon has the ability to control and regulates the blood sugar by stimulating insulin activity. It having the bio active components that prevent and fight against diabetes. However, cinnamon should not be taken excess because this cinnamon contains a special compound called coumarin which is a toxic compound that major cause of liver damage.
- Mix 1 ½ teaspoon of cinnamon with warm water served in a bowl and drink it daily.
- Another method is to boil three to five cinnamon sticks in a cup of water and allow sleeping up to 20 minutes. Finally drink this solution daily till you see improvement.
- You can also add cinnamon to little warm beverages, baked goods, and smoothies.
Aloe vera, this helps to lower and also controls the blood glucose levels. This gel contains phytosterols content that having anti-hyperglycemic effect for type 2 diabetes. The combination of bay leaves, aloe vera gel and turmeric helps to control sugar levels. For making this herbal medicine.
- Take ½ teaspoon of bay leaves powder and turmeric powder. Take 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel and mix all three ingredients in a bowl
- Consume it twice in a day, before lunch and dinner.
6. Curry Leaves:
These curry leaves are very useful in controlling diabetes, whereas they have anti-diabetic properties. It has a belief that these curry leaves is contained an ingredient that controls the rate of starch and broke down glucose content in diabetes.
- You can simply chew nearly about 8 to 12 fresh curry leaves in the early hours of the morning. For getting, best benefits continue this for at least 3 months
- It also helps for reducing the obesity and high cholesterol.
7. Mango Leaves:
The tender and delicate mango leaves should be used to treat diabetes by regulating or controlling insulin levels in the blood. This also improves profiles of blood lipids.
- Soak 10 to 12 mango leaves in a glass of water for the complete night. In the morning before you drink it on empty stomach filter the water and have it.
- You can also let the leaves to dry in a dust free zone and grind them. Daily eat ½ teaspoon of that powdered mango leaves twice for a better result.
8. India Black-Berry (Jambul) Or Black Plum:
Jamul or black plum is also called as jamun. This plays a major role in controlling blood sugar levels due to its anthocyanins, hydrolysable tannins, ellagic etc. each and every part of the jambul plant such as leaves, seeds, and berry can be used for those who are suffering from diabetes. Many of research proved that seeds and fruits of this particular plant exist hypoglycemic effect which helps to reduce urine and blood sugar levels. Whenever this seasonal fruit available in the market then try to include that into your regular diet which is very effective for the pancreas.
- Take some of the seeds of jambul, make them into a fine powder and have that powder with water 2 times in a day.