Immunity is a very important property of the human body that makes resist to a particular infection or toxin by the action of antibodies or white blood cells. It makes your body immune to viruses, bacteria or infectious organisms thereby make it fight the infection and heal itself. Whenever our body encounters the bacteria and fungus then the set of responses is given back by the human body. The best solution is yoga poses for increasing the immune system.
Here are the key yoga poses to help boost your immune system
1. Dhanurasana (Bow Pose):
Dhanurasana is the best yoga pose to boost your immune system of your body and also makes you the proud owner of the toned abs. This pose also makes the digestive system work well.
- Place a yoga mat on the ground and lie down on it in the prone position.
- Place your hands alongside your body, and then stretch your legs out to the back.
- Bend your knees and bring your feet close to the butts.
- Breathe Inside deeply and stretch your hands back to hold the ankles.
- Now lift your chest and head and tilt your head backward.
- Stretch backward to the possible level without affecting your back and make sure that the body looks like a bow.
- Count 10 and hold the pose
- Breathe out, relax and return back to initial position.
- Repeat the pose for 8 times for better results.
- Strengthens abdominal organs by exerting pressure on the tummy.
- Stretches the back and strengthens the circulatory system.
- Improves the blood circulation to the digestive system.
- WBC and Immunity Strengthening.
2. Ardha Chakrasana (Half Wheel Pose):
This yoga pose is the best source to improve the immunity and targets your thyroid glands.
- Place a yoga mat on the ground and lie on it.
- Rest your heels on the floor and keep the feet apart.
- Fold your hands and rest them on on the hip. It will also act as the support for the body.
- Inhale deeply and push your body upwards and take care not to exert pressure on the neck.
- Breathe deeply and hold the pose for a count of 10.
- Now exhale and come back to the original position.
- Repeat the pose for 8 times to get better results.
- This helps to stretch and strengthen abdomen.
- It also opens the hip.
- It is very useful in stimulating the pituitary gland and thyroid gland.
- Boosts energy levels, circulation levels and immunity and infection combating mechanism.
3. Viparita Karani (Legs Up The Wall):
This yoga pose is very simple to do and also boosts your immunity and keep the stress away from you and making you feel relaxed the whole day.
- Place the yoga mat and lie on the mat close to the wall (you can also support your legs with your hands and ignore the wall if you can make).
- Now raise your legs ups and rest them against the wall such that your legs face the ceiling.
- Raise your back to the maximum possible level and support it with your hands.
- Inhale and hold the pose for a count of 10.
- Exhale, relax and lower your back and come back to the original position.
- Repeat the yoga poses for 8 times for optimal results.
- Boosts the immunity and make your body strong.
- Reduces the stress levels.
- Increases calmness and well being.
- Allows your body to pump oxygenated blood to your legs.
4. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose):
This yoga pose works well for those who are suffering from cold and flu and boost the energy levels and make you feel energetic the whole day.
- Lie down on the floor such that your face and body face the ground.
- Inhale and bend towards back to the maximum possible level by supporting with your hands placed alongside.
- Hold for a count of 10.
- Exhale and slowly return back to the initial position.
- Repeat the pose for 8 times for better results.
- Boosts the immunity to respond effectively to cold and flu
- Boost energy and revitalizes your body
- Stimulates the Thymus organ located behind the chest bone
- Helps in the growth of T-cells
5. Matsyasana (Supported Fish Pose):
This Yoga pose is called the fish pose because a fish eats the dirt and cleans the water in the same way this pose cleans and purifies our blood and keeps us healthy.
- Place a yoga mat and sit on it like padmasana.
- Slowly lie down on the mat by thrusting your hands.
- Raise your head and place the crown of head on the floor
- Now bend your body supporting on the crown of your head forming an arc shape on the back.
- Maintain this pose for at least 50 to 100 counts.
- Now release your body, head, and legs and come back to savasana.
- Opens up the heart and lungs and reduces the chronic diseases like asthma, bronchitis, and sinuses
- Balances an Agitated nervous system
- Boosts your immune system to fight against cold and flu
6. Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Dog Pose):
- Stand straight with both the legs a width apart.
- Inhale and bend forward so that your nose will reach close to the ground and count 10.
- Lift your back to the maximum level possible.
- Exhale and lift your body up and return back to initial position.
- Repeat the pose for 8-10 times.
- This pose will increase the blood circulation
- Provides the grounded energy
- Drains the Sinuses
- Improves the immunity and helps to fight against all the infections
These above-mentioned yoga poses will boost your immunity and make your body nonreactive to chronic disease and also organisms that cause the illness. We have many healthy eating habits and fitness routines, but they may not boost our immunity. Yoga poses are the best sources for boosting your immunity and make you live and stay healthy. Along with these poses, you can take some foods that boost your body’s immune system.