Yoga is the most popular term heard these days for its multiple uses for the healthiest living in a natural way. Whether it is for beauty, fitness, health disorders yoga plays it role in curing them. Yoga is the best way to reduce stress, stay in shape and calm the mind. There are different types of postures like child pose which put your mind in meditative state and empowering positions like eagle pose can calm the mind and also energizes your body
Here are the Top Yoga Poses to Relive from Stress
1. Balasana (Child Pose):
This is the most relaxing and best of restorative yoga poses that calms your mind. This can be done very easily done by anyone.
- Kneel Down with your knees together.
- Rest your buttocks on your feet.
- Bend forward until your forehead and hands touch the ground.
- Hold this for 30 seconds inhale and come back to start position.
- Repeat this for 3 to 4 times for better results.
This yoga pose clams your body and rejuvenate your body with energy. In addition to these it also relieves lower back pain, hip strain, shoulder and neck stiffness. It gives the best mental and emotional relief.
2. Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend):
This yoga pose is the ideal pose to reduce stress and preserve proper functioning of nervous system.
- Stand straight with your feet close and arms at the side.
- Raise your hands above your head inhaling and bend forward exhaling.
- Bend until your hands touch the ground by keeping your legs straight.
- Hold for 30 seconds and return back to starting position to complete a step.
- Repeat this step for 3 to 4 times for best results.
This ideal yoga pose reduces the stress and improves your nervous system functioning by improving the blood supply throughout the body. It is perfect yoga pose for weight loss and spine relaxation. It also tones the abdominal muscles and organs.
3. Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (Bridge Pose):
This is the best yoga pose to reduce the stress and anxiety. It also helps in stretching the muscles of the back.
- Lie on the yoga mat with your feet close.
- Bend your knees and bring your feet close to the buttocks.
- Place your feet a width apart and lift your back to the possible level.
- Keep your head fixed to floor and face ceiling.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Come back to starting position to complete a repetition.
- Repeat it 5 to 6 times for better relief.
This yoga pose relieves you from stress and anxiety effectively. It also helps in the stretching the back muscles and tones thighs and hips. It also reduces backaches, headaches, sleep disorders and fatigue and also controls the high blood pressure.
4. Marjaryasana (Cat Pose):
This yoga pose is a great source for reducing the stress levels in your body and tones your muscles and organs of the abdomen.
- Lie down on all four sides by resting on your hands and knees.
- Exhale and pull the spine inward to form a curve.
- Bend your head downward and make sure that your chin does not touch the breast.
- Hold this pose for 30 seconds and return back to starting position.
This helps in stretching the spine and tones the abs. It is very best pose to improve overall health by relieving digestive problems and relieves PMS.
5. Uttana Shishosana (Extended Puppy Pose)
This is a ideal yoga pose that relaxes your body by stretching the spine and shoulder reducing stiffness.
- Kneel down on the yoga mat and bend forward.
- Slide your arms forward and make sure that your elbows don’t touch the ground.
- Drop your head and make it touch the floor.
- Relax your neck and hold the pose for 30 seconds.
- Exhale and come back to starting position.
This yoga pose reduces the stiffness in the body and increases the flexibility and rejuvenates the mind and body. It is the best yoga asana to lose weight after pregnancy.
6. Yoga Nidra Meditation
This pose looks very simple but the impact it gives to your body is extraordinary. During this yoga pose all the senses are withdrawn except the auditory senses.
Just lie down on the floor with your hands kept on the side and legs extended a width apart.
Close your eyes and focus on a single point in your imagination and get relaxed for your self.
Hold this position for at least ten minutes before ending your yoga routine as it gives a great relaxation to your mind and body.
These are the best yoga poses to greatly relieve you from stress and anxiety. The main reason for stress is the tensions like exam tensions, parent’s reaction about report card, job interview results and many other reasons. After getting the job we get tensions about our daily works. So, yoga is highly suggested for stress relief, depression and relaxation of mind thereby calming down. There are many types of anxiety disorders like Panic Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Social Anxiety disorder.